Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2016

Sunday Best.....




Sunday is my favourite day of the week. It always has been since I was a little girl when it was known as ‘Sunday Funday’ and dad took us swimming to a pool with amazing slides then to Maccy D’s. Even as a teenager when I worked in retail and Sundays were spent behind the counter of the local department store I still loved them (it was a shorter day than the Saturday shift!) During my twenties it was the perfect hangover day, time in your pjs with the girls, ordering greasy takeaway at 8pm as you couldn’t face eating anything else! Nowadays Sunday is a time for long walks, local farmers markets, brunch with the people you care about the most and getting ready for the week ahead. And speaking of brunch I wanted to share with you my all time favourite super food brunch. Now I would be lying if I said I just made this feast for brunch – I have also used it for lunch, dinner, a mini snack and once in a cooking crisis as a make shift starter for dinner guests. Versatile is an understatement!
Sunday Best (serves one)
  • 2 pieces of bread, toasted (I use gluten free but a nice seedy one would be good too)
  • ½ an avocado mashed and seasoned to tasted with salt & pepper
  • 1 vine ripened tomato sliced thinly
  • Handful of mushrooms chopped into chunks
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil
How To –
  • In a pan place the garlic, oil and mushrooms. Cook until golden.
  • Meanwhile cut the toast in half (so you have 4 triangles), spread with the avocado mixture and top with the slices of tomato.
  • Put the mushrooms in a small ramekin dish, place in the centre of the plate and arrange the topped toast around the edge. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment