Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 March 2016

If The Colour Fits - Wear It...... (vegan nail polish)



 
True story. I really don’t like plain nails. Judge me all you want but I love colours, patterns, sparkles and bling on all my fingers and toes. Of course I realise having a perfect mani / pedi isn’t always possible - that work / life/ certain conditions prevent us from having the nails we want. I work in the NHS and, rightly so, we are bare below the elbow but when I get the chance (days off & holidays I'm looking at you!) I like, no love, really LOVE to get my nails done. Which is fine - till you add vegan into the mix. Nail varnishes are renowned for having lots of nasty animal by products ground into them so what do you do when you want ethical pretty nails?

The good news is there are quite a good selection of vegan AND reasonable priced nail varnishes - YAY!
Just head straight to your local Superdrug / Boots / Supermarket etc and look for brands such as Barry M, NYX and B. by Superdrug. Gorgeous colours, vegan and all for under £3 each. What’s not to love?! If you fancy treating yourself there are several high end brands that are vegan too. Butter London, Beauty without Cruelty and my personal favourite Ciate all hit the mark accordingly. If gel nails are more your thing then opt for a brand called BlueSky. This one excites me a lot for 2 reasons -

•It is extremely reasonable for a gel polish

•It is often used in beauty salons
You can buy a set of 3 BlueSky polishes with the heat lamp for less than £40 - kind to animals, the environment and your purse! Who says you can't have your (vegan) cake and it eat?!


No comments:

Post a Comment