Search This Blog

Saturday 5 March 2016

Saturdays Scrambled Tofu.....





I love breakfast! Definitely my favorite meal of the day and the one at weekends I put the most effort into. Shamefully Monday – Friday breakfast is a blurred rush of gluten free oats, what ever fruit we have in, some type of nut butter on it and generally eaten from a mug on the way to work. Shockingly bad I know…..

But weekends – well they are a totally different story. No alarms, no rushing, just me, the cat and a giant pot of tea. Heaven.

Being quite new to veganism I am enjoying experimenting with new recipes and my weekend brekkie is no exception. So I wanted to share with you my current favorite morning nibble – Saturdays Scrambled Tofu. Now before you pull a face and think ‘urgh’ like I did let me assure you this recipe is tasty, filling nutritious and will leave you wanting more!!


Saturdays Scrambled Tofu (serves 1)


  • Half a block of tofu infused with basil
  • 1 large vine ripened tomato, chopped
  • Handful of frozen spinach
  • Half an avocado, chopped up
  • 1 teaspoon of oil
  • Half a small red onion, chopped
  • Pinch of garlic salt



How To –


  • In a pan heat the oil. Add the onions, tomatoes, spinach and garlic salt. Cook until tender.
  • Chop the tofu up into small bite size pieces and add to the pan. Cook all the ingredients together until they are golden.
  • Plate the scramble up and sprinkle with the avocado. Serve immediately with crusty bread or toast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment