Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Cucumber & Dill Hummus.....


Hummus is a delicious and healthy dip or spread but what if you could make it even healthier? With the amount of hummus I consume it’s nice to sometimes make a “lighter” version of it, like this Cucumber Hummus. It’s not as dense as your typical hummus and actually tastes quite light and airy.

There isn’t much to say about this recipe other than the fact that it’s amazing. I nearly ate all of it within an hour. I couldn’t resist. First I tried some with carrot sticks. Then, I told myself that I need to see what it tastes like spread on oat cakes. Then obviously I needed to see if cucumber hummus tastes decent with different vegetables…..

The great thing about that is I could have (I didn’t though, I was good!) made  up some more within 5 minutes or less. Put  everything in a food processor and blend and…you are done!

I like adding a drizzle of olive oil over my hummus, a dash of paprika or cayenne pepper, and garnish with a spring of dill. Amazing!

Cucumber Hummus (makes 1 big bowl)

·        2 cups Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans (rinsed and drained from can or soaked and cooked dried chickpeas)

·        2 springs fresh Dill (washed, stems removed)

·        ½ Cucumber (washed, skin on, roughly chopped)

·         ½ teaspoon Salt

·         2 tablespoons Lemon Juice

·        1 tablespoon Olive Oil (or more , optional)

·         2 tablespoons Tahini

·         1 small Garlic Clove

How To –

·        Put all ingredients into a food processor / blender.

·        Blitz until smooth (or chunky if that’s how you like it!)

·        Serve in a sandwich or as a dip with tortillas, crudités or oat cakes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment