Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Apple Nachos....



I love a challenge almost as much as I love a sweet treat so when the opportunity arose to mix the two how could I resist? So with the challenge accepted I wondered how could I make a mid morning snack vegan, gluten free, suitable for a diabetic and more adventurous than just a banana?! Giant mug of coffee in hand (made with chai choc almond milk – try it, its heaven in a mug!!) and the cats curled up next to me, I scoured recipe books, Pinterest and my favourite vegan blogs for inspiration. And there was plenty! Sweet or savoury? Nibbles or actual snacks? Was it too much / big / small for a snack? Does it contain ingredients I actually have in (it was raining outside and I am shamefully a fair weather biker…) I finally stumbled upon this beauty of a recipe. Sadly I read that much and made endless notes to the point I am not sure where I found this little delight but who ever the author is please know I adore you and thank you for saving the day with this yummy plate of awesomeness. Apple Nachos –

 

Apple Nachos (serves 2)

  • 3 apples of your choice
  • Nut butter of your choice (we used hazelnut butter)
  • Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
  • 2 square of your favourite dark vegan chocolate (we used raw cacao with stem ginger)

 

How To –

  • Chop the apples in to wedges and arrange on a plate.
  • Drizzle nut butter and choc shot all over the apples.
  • Grate / bash the chocolate up and sprinkle on top.
  • Grab, your friend, 2 forks (it is a bit messy for finger food), your cups of tea & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment