Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2016

Long days, crazy cats & a filling miso soup.......


I would like to say I am one of those people who can come in from a long crazy day at work and make the most amazing meal from scratch, preferably whilst wearing a Nigella esque low cut top and sipping on a chilled wine but I’m not. Like us all some nights do feel like this domestic bliss and others – well, they are like last night. You have had the longest day at work, traffic is crazy busy meaning you are very late home, when you finally get there the fridge is bare despite Sundays food prep and the cat has been sick in the stairs. Delightful! An hour later calm had restored, the carpet cleaned and I was freshly showered wearing my favourite comfies / slippers so it was time to wish for a miracle that the fridge had been fully stocked or that I could make something amazing from nothing. Lucky for me the universe listened and whilst the fridge did not magically refill itself this little creation was born. Is it all homemade – nope? Is it all created from scratch – nope? Was it quick, easy, nutritious and delicious – yep!
Filling Miso Soup (serves 1)

·         ¼ bag of rice noodles (or any noodles you have in – these are gluten free and what I had in)

·         150g of plain firm tofu cut into squares

·         Chopped veg of your choice (I used a stir fry pack ready chopped and prepared)

·         Garlic (I used 1 tsp of lazy garlic)

·         Pinch of paprika

·         TBSP of oil of your choice (I think I used chilli infused)

·         1 sachet of  Yutaka Miso Soup Paste in 300 ml of boiling water

How To –

·         Heat the oil in the pan and add the garlic, paprika and tofu. Cook until the tofu starts to brown.

·         Add the rice noodles and veg to the pan. Cook for 3-4 mins. The veg should stay crunchy and bright.

·         Tip into a bowl of your choice and cover with the miso soup mix. Grab a fork and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment