Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Handmade With Love by Kathleen....(guest blog)




I am beyond privileged and excited to be able to share with you this guest post from the beautiful Kathleen Morse. It has been a wonderful experience to collaborate with such a genuine, kind lady who is an inspirational vegan. Please feel free to share this blog, give her a follow on social media and support a fellow vegan sister in her journey. I hope you enjoy her blog as much as I do…..


Hi, I'm Kathleen, a 30 year old vegan and entrepreneur living in upstate New York with my husband, our two dogs and cat. My husband and I have been vegan since July 2014 and I've recently started a business that was inspired by this journey. I started making my own products at first just for myself. To me it's just like creating recipes for baking which I also enjoy. I wanted to make products that were natural, organic and most of all vegan. I wanted to know exactly what was in the products I was using and that no animal products were used. I have been encouraged by my husband, family and friends who have used my products to take my "hobby" a bit further and that's when Handmade with Love by Kathleen was essentially born.

I am in the process of building my brand and my business. I will be launching an Etsy shop this summer, to start I will only be shipping within the United States however it is in the bigger plan to be able to ship internationally when time allows. I look forward to doing local events like farmers markets and flea markets around my area in New York as well. There is so much in the big plan, but I have to focus on one thing at a time. It's been a blast though. I'm completely enjoying this ride and the support that I have been getting has been huge. We truly can achieve our dreams when we believe. Always remember no ceilings!! I wanted to include a fun recipe for a handmade organic scrub you can make right now! How fun right? I hope you try it and more importantly I hope you push for your dreams!

 

Coffee Sugar Scrub

1/4 Cup (60ml) Organic Coconut Oil

1/2 Cup (120ml) Organic Sugar

1/2 Cup (120ml) Organic Finely Ground Coffee

 

In a medium bowl mash coconut oil until it's light and fluffy in texture. Next pour in the sugar and coffee. Stir all ingredients until they are well combined. To use simply apply the scrub to your hands, arms, legs or feet and exfoliate. Rinse clean. If using in the tub or shower remember to be careful as things might get slippery. You can store in an airtight container.

Facebook- Kathleen Morse
Twitter @K_Morse_Vegan
Blog- www.veganwifeveganlife.blogspot.com
Instagram @handmadewithlovebykathleen and @veganwife.veganlife

No comments:

Post a Comment