Search This Blog

Friday 8 April 2016

Amazing Avocado Pesto.....





At the end of a busy week nothing is nicer than a long bath, a big glass of wine and a super easy dinner with minimal washing up. But before you reach for the takeaway menu / quick jarred sauce / something on toast take a look at this quick and easy pesto. Now I know I have made a pesto before, it is great for a vegan friendly gluten free quick dinner but this time it has gone up the world with a new fancy twist – the avocado. I love / am obsessed with avocado. I will literally put it in anything so when I realised I hadn’t ever thrown it in a pesto I felt I owed it the pleasure. The great thing about pesto is should you have any left over (we rarely do!) it is super on a toasted bagel then new with a few chopped tomatoes.

 

Avocado Pesto (serves 4)

 

 

  • Any pasta you like (I used an Edamame Bean Gluten Free)
  • 2 Large handfuls of Spinach
  • 2 large handfuls of basil
  • 1 Large avocado
  • 2 TSP of lazy garlic
  • 1 TBSP of oil of your choice (I used chilli infused)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 TBSP of lemon juice
  • 2 TBSP toasted nuts of your choice (walnuts are amazing!)

 

How To –

 

  • Put the pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook until tender.
  • Mean while place all the other ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
  • When the pasta is cooked, drain and stir in the pesto mix.
  • Serve in big pasta bowls with a large glass of chilled white wine and a simple rocket salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment