Search This Blog

Monday 19 December 2016

Chocolate, Confessions and a Mug Cake...... (Vegan / Gluten Free)


Confession time – it has been a whole month since I have put finger to key board and created a blog piece. Yep – I am a little ashamed of myself! I love blogging /rambling / chatting to you all so please know it hasn’t been my choice to abandon the blog (though it seems to have fended for itself quite well – all my blog post views have shot through the roof so happy days!!) Life, as it does, has come zooming in at a million miles an hour and the only typing I have been doing is uni work – sob! The good news is it has paid off and I passed my first term with a first, plus it is now the Christmas holidays so I am able to get into  full on blogging mode again, which incidentally is my happy place, win win. To make up for my disappearing act I am gifting you gorgeous lot the secret recipe for my vegan, gluten free, CLEAN EATING (oh yeah!!) chocolate mug cake. Please don’t lick the page……

Chocolate Mug Cake – serves 1

•1 medium ripe banana - mashed

 •2 tablespoons Choc Shot (liquid chocolate made from fruit)

 •2 tablespoons coconut sugar

 •½ teaspoon vanilla extract

 •2 tablespoons almond milk

 •3 tablespoons rice flour

 •½ teaspoon baking soda

 •2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips


How To -


1.In a large mug mash the banana up as much as you can so there are no large lumps visible.

 2.Add in the choc shot (liquid chocolate),  sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk and mix everything together.

 3.Add in the flour and baking soda, give everything a good mix to make sure everything is well combined.

 4.My microwave is 800 watt power and I found the perfect amount of time was 2 minutes and 45 seconds on full power.

 5.Start with 2 minutes on full power in your microwave then test your cake it should be firm to the touch with a little spring in it. If not give it another 15 seconds and test again.

 6.One cooked let it stand for 1 minute before topping with oatly vegan cream and eating. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment