Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2016

Creamy Garlic Mushroom Risotto (vegan & gluten free)............


I was gluten intolerant long before I chose to become vegan and as such the risotto is my best friend, go to dish. Simple, delicious and perfect for using up whatever is in the fridge, this dish is perfect for a cheap and filling mid-week treat. Which got even better when I learnt to make it in the microwave – no more hours stood at the stove poking watery rice, day dreaming of anything and everything. It took me a while to make my beloved risotto vegan friendly but once I cracked it there was no stopping me! This creamy garlic one is currently my favourite and I hope you enjoy it too.

Vegan Garlic Mushroom Risotto (serves 1)

·        1 small onion

·        1 tsp of lazy garlic

·        150g mixed fresh mushrooms - e.g. white, chestnut, oyster, portabella, shiitake, maitake, enoki, shiro shimeji etc.

·        2-3 tbsp olive oil

·        50g arborio rice

·        200ml vegetable stock

·        Sprinkle of chopped parsley

How To -

·        Peel the onions and dice finely.

·        .Trim any dirt from the mushroom stems, then slice, chop or separate, depending on the type of mushroom.

·        Heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the onions and garlic over a low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the fresh mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until soft.

·        Transfer to a large microwavable bowl and the rice. Stir well to coat with the oil and cooking juices. Add the stock to the bowl and heat on high in the microwave for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked.

·         Put in your favourite bowl, top with a sprinkle of parsley and enjoy!  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment